top of page

Search Results

101 items found for ""

  • City of Haysville | Senior Center Rental

    Senior Center IMG_7142_E SC12 SC4 IMG_7142_E 1/10 Senior Center 160 E. Karla Avenue Senior Center Membership Required Contact Senior Center at 316.529.5903 Or email See calendar below for availability While every effort is made to keep this calendar up to date, please contact the SC to verify the availability of the facility.

  • City of Haysville | Riggs Police

    Police Shelter Police Shelter 706 Sarah Lane Please contact the HAC at 316.529.5922 between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, M-F o r email See calendar here for availability While every effort is made to keep this calendar up to date, please contact the HAC to verify the availability of the facility. Police_Shelter2 Police_Shelter1 Riggs_07252023_01 Police_Shelter2 1/6

  • City of Haysville | Patrol

    Patrol LeVon Crotts Patrol Commander 200 W. Grand Avenue 316.529.5912 The function of the Haysville Police Department's Patrol Section is to ensure public safety through enforcement of laws and ordinances. They also take reports from the citizens of Haysville on a variety of both criminal and non-criminal issues. The patrol section provides response to any suspicious or criminal activity reported within the city. They also regularly patrol the streets to both locate and deter criminal activity. Officers take reports and process crime scenes to include photographing and locating witnesses and evidence. Officers are also responsible for enforcing traffic laws to maintain safe and orderly traffic flow throughout the City. This includes following up on citizen complaints on traffic violators, and gathering statistical data on traffic counts and speeds throughout neighborhoods. Patrol officers also investigate any traffic crashes that occur within the City. Besides the enforcement functions of the patrol section, they are also on the streets to help people. Patrol officers take non-criminal reports and answer questions for residents that often times feel they have nowhere else to turn. This includes things like assisting citizens with neighbor disputes, and fire and EMS calls. They also regularly patrol businesses and talk to the public on various crime prevention topics. If you need to talk with an officer, make a police report, or report suspicious activity, please call 911 and an officer will respond.

  • City of Haysville | Riggs Band Shell

    Riggs Park Band Shell Riggs Park Band Shell 706 Sarah Lane Please contact the HAC at 316.529.5922 between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, M-F o r email See calendar here for availability While every effort is made to keep this calendar up to date, please contact the HAC to verify the availability of the facility. Band_Shell1 Riggs_07252023_03 Band_Shell3 Band_Shell1 1/8

  • City of Haysville | Village Christmas

    Village Christmas Village Christmas Pictures with Santa Historic Committee

  • City of Haysville | Animal Control

    Animal Control OPEN POSITION Animal Control Officer Found Dogs 200 W. Grand Avenue 316.529.5912 ​ The Haysville Animal Control Officer is normally on duty from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For animal control calls outside those hours (e. g. loose or aggressive dogs, dog bites or excessive barking), call 911 and a Haysville Police officer will respond to help. Responsibilities and Services Responding to citizen complaints relating to dogs or nuisance animals Investigating animal cruelty and neglect Capturing and impounding loose or dangerous dogs Enforcing the Haysville City Code, Chapter 2 (Animal Ordinances) Educating the public with regard to animal welfare and promoting responsible pet ownership Animal bite investigation and rabies control and quarantine Animal bites must be reported immediately! If Animal Control is not available, a police officer will take the report and forward the case to Animal Control once back on duty. Dead animal pick up dependent upon circumstances Loaning live animal traps Services Not Offered by Haysville Animal Control Haysville Animal Control does not trap, transport, impound or handle felines (including both domestic and feral cats) Limited services for wildlife problems. Wildlife Complaints Haysville Animal Control has very limited equipment and resources to handle calls regarding wildlife that has come into the City. If you have a wildlife issue and would like to have someone come out to evaluate the situation, please call 911 and we will try to assist you or possibly give information on who you can contact. For wildlife related issues and questions you can also contact the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks or a certified Wildlife Removal or Pest Control business. A current list of Nuisance Wildlife Damage Control permittees can be found at . If you decide to trap a wild nuisance animal on your property, you have the option to borrow a live animal trap from the Haysville Police Department at no cost to you. A waiver shall be filled out and you will be responsible of humanely removing the animal, and relocating it to in an appropriate habitat and on property where you have permission to do so. Please note that trapping and relocating wild animals is never a long-term solution and often inhumane to the captured animal. Relocated animals struggle to survive in unfamiliar surroundings, have to compete with others of their species that are already established at the relocation site, and may potentially transport new diseases or parasites to a new area. Depending on the season, orphans may also be left behind and will die of starvation in crawl spaces, attics or walls, leading to new problems, such as rotting carcasses in inaccessible areas. When an animal is removed by trapping or killing, the void that is left will most likely be filled by another animal in the near future. More effective and long-term solutions for conflicts with wildlife are to remove attractants and to prevent animals from accessing structures. For professional advice, solutions or recommendations please refer to a licensed wildlife control expert. If you still decide to take wildlife matters into your own hands, be aware of the risks of handling wildlife and use caution in order to avoid getting bit or exposed to diseases. For injured wildlife please contact a wildlife rehabber. Animal Control will not be able to care for or rehabilitate wildlife. A list of current licensed wildlife rehabilitators and additional resources can be found here: . For dead animals within the City limits, either wild or domestic and without a known owner, contact Haysville Animal Control for pick up. In addition, City streets are regularly patrolled and any deceased animals found will be picked up and taken to the pound. Feral and Stray Cats The City of Haysville does not have a cat ordinance in place. Animal Control will not trap or impound cats and does not have a facility to house found cats. Found or caught stray cats have to be brought to the Wichita Animal Shelter, 3303 N Hillside St, Wichita, KS 67219. For other cat-related questions, concerns or getting involved in TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return), use the following resources: Friends of Feral Felines KS: Kansas Humane Society: Lost and Found Pets Haysville Animal Control will hold found dogs for 3 business days and will take all reasonable steps to reunite the dog with its owner. If a found dog remains unclaimed after 3 days, the animal will be transferred to the Wichita Animal Shelter. If your dog has been picked up, you can claim your dog at the Haysville Police Department at 200 W Grand. Proof of ownership will be required (vet records, tags, photos, etc.) and an impound fee ($25.00 set fee + $1.00 per day) will be due at the time of release. The releasing officer will also issue a Dog At Large citation. If you are not able to provide proof of current rabies vaccination and a valid city license, additional charges may be added to the citation. See FOUND DOGS Please note: If you are missing your pet, always contact the Haysville Police Department at 316-529-5912. Found dogs are not always posted on the web site immediately. Although Haysville Animal Control does not pick up or hold cats, we keep a log of all lost, found and deceased pets. Dial the non-emergency number (316) 529-5912 to report a missing pet and you will be notified if your pet is found, or we can connect you with the finder if they notify us. And remember if your pet returns home on it’s own, call and let us know that it is back home so we can remove it from the “lost” list. Selection of Animal Ordinances (Excerpts from Chapter 2 of the Haysville City Code) It is unlawful to allow a dog to "run at large" in the City Of Haysville. Please be advised that dogs also need to be leashed at Dorner Park unless they are in the fenced dog park area. All dogs 6 months old and older must be licensed with the City of Haysville. Dog licenses can be obtained at the City Building during business hours. Proof of current rabies vaccination and if applicable, proof of neuter status, will be required. The licensing fees are as follows: Neutered and spayed dogs: $10.00 Unaltered dogs: $20.00 It is unlawful to have an unvaccinated dog. It is unlawful to have more than 4 pets of any combination. It is unlawful to harbor a nuisance animal. Animals that are kept outside must be provided with adequate weatherproof shelter and access to fresh and unfrozen water at all times. ​ Tethering and Picketing of Dogs As a companion and pack animal, a dog should regularly interact with people or other animals, and receive adequate exercise in order to maintain good mental and physical health. Tethering should always be a temporary and short-term solution, as intensive confinement or long-term restraint can cause dogs to become neurotic, bored, depressed or aggressive. Keeping an animal tethered for longer periods or during extreme weather is not acceptable. As per the City Ordinance, tethering is only allowed for 1 continuous hour, up to 3 hours total per day. The tether must be at least 10 feet in length, of appropriate size for the animal and has to be secured in such a way that it cannot become entangled with other objects and in such a way that strangulation is prevented. Collars should be comfortable and fitted properly. Tethering by means of choke chains and prong collars is prohibited. (City Code, 2-207.) See the full City Code, Chapter II: Animals and Fowl, here: Chapter 2 Dog Park Rules can be viewed here: Chapter 7 Other Resources and Contacts Sedgwick County Animal Control: Wichita Animal Action League:

  • City of Haysville | Historic Committee

    Historic Committee The Haysville Historic Committee works with the City Council, Park Board, and Planning Commission to promote the educational, cultural, and economic and general welfare of the community. ​ ​ Committee Members Patty Waters - Chair Kyle Boe Teresa Wilson Brooke Aziere - Vice Chair Wanda Gilmere Lyn Worrell Danny Walters (Mayor's Designee) Debbie Coleman (Planning’s Designee) Ken Bell (Park Board's Designee) ​ ​ Meetings The Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of February, April, August, and October. The meetings are held at City Hall, 200 West Grand. For more meeting information contact Jonathan Tardiff at 529-5900 or ​ Master Plan Hometown Market Village Christmas Historic Brochure

  • City of Haysville | Brady Shelter

    Brady Shelter/Plagens Playground Brady Shelter 6545 Mabel Street Please contact the HAC at 316.529.5922 between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, M-F o r email See calendar here for availability While every effort is made to keep this calendar up to date, please contact the HAC to verify the availability of the facility. Plagens Playground_07032023_02 Plagens-Brady_07252023_01 Plagens-Brady_07252023_02 Plagens Playground_07032023_02 1/6

  • City of Haysville | Park Board

    Park Board The Haysville Park Board is an advisory board that guides the development and maintenance of city parks and multi-use trails. The board is responsible for reviewing and updating the Haysville Parks Master Plan . The Board also studies and develops a written plan for the care, replacement, maintenance, and removal or disposition of trees and shrubs in the parks, along streets and in other public areas. ​ Park Board Members Russ Kessler, Mayor - Chair Jonas Harris Luetta Yoder Ken Bell Missy Daley ​ M eetings The Park Board meets at 5:15 p.m. on the 1st Monday (excluding holidays) of each month at City Hall, 200 W. Grand unless there are no agenda items to address. The board will meet at least once per quarter. These meetings are open to the public. ​ H aysvil le - Tree C ity US A Haysville has been named a Tree City USA by the National Arbor Day Foundation for 22 years to honor its commitment to its community forest. A rbor Day Plant ing The Tree Board holds an annual Arbor Day Planting on the first Monday in May at 5:15 PM. ​ Park Plan Annual Report This is the 2023 Annual Repo rt of the Park Board. You can access the report here. Haysville Parks ​ Designation/Memorial Form Nominations shall be submitted to the Park Board for review and recommendation. Nominations may be submitted from any one of the City's advisory boards or commissions, any interested neighborhood, civic group, or citizen. Upon determination that no conflict exists, the nomination form shall be forwarded to the Governing Body for final determination. For more information, agendas, or minutes regarding the Park Board, contact Nicci Stark at 529-5940.

  • City of Haysville | Dan Benner Bio

    Dan Benner - Ward II Ward II - Dan Benner Term Expires Dec. 2025 316.372.5688 Councilperson Benner is a lifelong resident of Haysville. He and his wife of 47 years, Jackie, live on the site of the original Benner family farm, which has been in the family for four generations. They have two children and five grandchildren. Dan is a manufacturing engineer at Spirit Aerosystems and says there are many things he enjoys about Haysville. He especially likes community-wide events like the Fall Festival, July 4th Celebration, and the City-Wide Garage Sale.

  • City of Haysville | Trout Shelter

    Trout Shelter Trout Shelter 400 W. 79th Street South Please contact the HAC at 316.529.5922 between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, M-F o r email See calendar here for availability While every effort is made to keep this calendar up to date, please contact the HAC to verify the availability of the facility. Dorner_07132023_01 DJI_0015E Dorner_07132023_030 Dorner_07132023_01 1/7

  • City of Haysville | Water

    Water For all questions or concerns regarding your water bill please contact City Hall at 529-5900. NOTICE: The City of Haysville is not affiliated with and does not endorse or regulate any company offering or providing water or sewer line insurance. Crews are performing upgrades on water meters around town. If you have any questions please call our office at 529-5940. The City of Haysville provides fresh, clean drinking water to the community by monitoring well production, maintaining the water treatment facility, water lines, water meters, and pumps. The water department is also responsible for reading the water meters, handling shut-off/turn-on requests and performing locates. View the 2022 Consumer Confidence Report here View the 2021 Consumer Confidence Report here View the 2020 Consumer Confidence Report here View the 2019 Consumer Confidence Report here View the 2018 Consumer Confidence Report here Backflow Report Fillable Version Water Hardness The hardness of Haysville's water is 12.26 grains per gallon of water. Water Service Tap Fees The City of Haysville charges the following fees for installing new meters to the Haysville water system: 5/8 inch 20 GPM $2250.00 1 inch 50 GPM $2500.00 2 inch 160 GPM $4000.00 Any size larger than 2" will be assessed and priced as needed The Sewer Tap Fee for the City of Haysville is $500.00 View Haysville’s City Code regarding Water Utilities here Reporting a Water Leak: During normal business hours, call City Hall at 529-5900. After hours, on weekends or holidays, please call the Non-Emergency line at 529-5912. **If you think you have a leak, call the Haysville Water Department first. The City can check our portion of the water system to determine if you truly need a plumber. This could save you time and money, and helps the Water Department remain aware of possible problems in the area.** Levi Brewer Water Supervisor 401 S. Jane 316.529.5940 Hours Monday- Thursday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Friday 7:30 am - 11:30 am

bottom of page