top of page

Food Bank/Commodities

Haysville Food Bank and Commodities Program

**Please note: Although the Food Bank and Commodities programs are administered through the Haysville Senior Center, you do NOT have to be a senior to receive help.**

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


The Haysville food bank is sustained solely by donations, most commonly from generous Haysville residents and groups or clubs within the Haysville School District. Donations are accepted during Haysville Senior Center business hours.


Q:  Who qualifies for help from the Haysville Food Bank?

A:  Households with a Haysville address or those located in the USD 261 school district qualify to receive assistance from the Haysville Food Bank.


Q:  What information do I need to bring?

A:  The only documentation we require is a utility bill showing your name and address.  Names and ages of household members will be collected when you come. in.  Proof of income is NOT required.


Q:  How often can I utilize the Food Bank?

A:  The food bank is for urgent needs only.  As such, a household can get help from our program one time per month. Households in need of additional assistance are encouraged to apply for the USDA commodities program, which the Haysville Senior Center also administers. Read more about the commodities program below.

Q:  What is the commodities program?

A:  The commodities program, also known as The Emergency Food Assistance Program, or TEFAP, provides free USDA commodity foods to low-income households throughout Kansas. TEFAP food is shipped (typically) monthly to participating organizations for distribution. TEFAP distributions vary each month and contain non-perishable, refrigerated and frozen items.


Q:  Haysville Senior Center distribution eligibility?

A:  Persons of all ages who have low income or do not work are eligible for this program. Persons must show valid Kansas driver’s License or State ID showing they live within the following zip codes: 67060, 67216, or 67037. Individuals must sign a form stating that their total household income meets the income guidelines determined by the State of Kansas. For additional information or to verify qualification, please call the Haysville Senior Center at 529-5903.

Q:   When can I receive commodities?

A:   Commodities are typically distributed on the third Wednesday of the month beginning at 1:00 pm.  Distribution dates are subject to change.  Food is distributed on a first come, first serve basis only.


Who do I contact if I have more questions?

You may contact the Haysville Senior Center at (316) 529-5903 during business hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to inquire about eligibility and schedule a pick-up time. Walk-ins are not accepted at this time.​

For more information on the TEFAP commodity program, click here to view the USDA TEFAP Fact Sheet.

bottom of page